There’s something incredibly amazing about those first few weeks with a newborn. Every coo, every tiny movement is like a whisper from a world of wonder. I would joke that I was watching “Milo-vision” when my first was born. I would simply sit and watch him. As a mother of six, I understand the rush of emotions these moments bring, and at Neyssa Lee Photography, I’ve found that in-home newborn photography sessions capture this magic like nothing else.
Why Choose In-Home Newborn Photography Sessions?
- Comfort Meets Convenience: You’ve just welcomed a new bundle of joy, and the comfort of your home is unparalleled. After giving birth, the last thing you want to do is pack up everything to leave your home for photos. Why not have them where everything you need is right at your fingertips?
- Authentic Moments Come Alive: There’s a raw, candid feeling in every shot taken at home. From snuggles on the family couch to dad’s spontaneous laughter, in-home newborn photography sessions capture the essence of family.
- Siblings are Comfortable and Included: Whether this is your 2nd child or your 7th, having the portrait session in your home allows for siblings to love on their newest family member without the pressure. They can come and go as needed for breaks, and they can feel comfortable in their own space when so much has already changed their world by having a new sibling.
- Pets? No Problem!: Dogs, cats, and even the occasional parrot can join in. After all, they’re part of the family too. In fact, I have a few tips about how to include your dog in your newborn portraits in the most relaxing way possible.
- Celebrate Every Inch of Your Home: From the nursery you painstakingly decorated to your old cozy couch, every space tells a part of your story. Of course, we aren’t photographing the entire home, simply focusing on comfortable spaces with the best natural light. This is typically the master bedroom, nursery, and/or the living room.
- Every Family’s Story is Unique: An in-home newborn photo session weaves this story with authenticity. Every laugh, every touch, every look speaks volumes.
Addressing the ‘What-ifs’ of newborn photos.
Now, I often hear a little concern about homes not being ‘photo-ready’. If that’s on your mind, remember: it’s about love and connection, not perfection. And hey, if you need a few tips on prepping your space for an in-home newborn photography session, I’ve got your back.
As I reflect on the many families I’ve photographed, it’s the in-home sessions that stand out. They paint a picture of love, warmth, and togetherness that’s hard to replicate anywhere else. So, if you’re around the Greater Seattle area and are expecting a little one soon, consider diving into the world of in-home newborn photography sessions. It’s an intimate experience you’ll cherish for a lifetime.
Contact me to book your newborn photo session. Ready to start planning and getting more inspiration? Check the links below for ideas!
Join the newsletter for priority access to my booking calendar for family portrait sessions and special events.