The leaves are so beautiful right now, which is why I wanted to give you 7 tips to transform your fall photos! In my area, it is the perfect time for capturing the colors of fall. The leaves have begun falling on the ground, yet can still be found in the trees. Below are 7 great tips for capturing your kids playing in the leaves.
1. Shoot in Continuous Shooting Mode. Whether you’re using a point and shoot or a DSLR, using the continuous shooting mode allows you capture the most frames per second. This will help you capture fun shots like tossing leaves into the air!
2. Shoot From Above. Piles of leaves make a great and colorful background. By bringing your child’s gaze up towards the sky, you can also capture the much desired glisten in their eyes. A win-win!
2. Shoot From Below. By getting low for some shots you can capture the colorful leaves still in the trees along with great expressions as the leaves come down around your kids.
4. Capture the “After” Moment. Often times the moments after the leaves have fallen give the best expressions. In the image below, Milo is cracking up after the leaves had fallen all over him. If I had stopped shooting once the leaves dropped, I would’ve missed this precious moment.5. Put Distance Between Your Subject and the Trees. By having your subject standing far away from the trees, you can create a colorful, buttery, blurry background. 6. Capture the Setting. It’s easy to get caught up in close up shots of our kids’ adorable faces, but don’t forget to capture the beauty that fall brings. I love this street near our house and made sure to capture a wider shot of the trees and Milo watching the trucks go by.
7. Enlist a helper. Bringing a friend or family member to help throw leaves, make piles, or just make sure everyone stays safe while you’re capturing the fun!
It’s your turn to hit the streets! Don’t forget to come back and share what you’ve capture on my Facebook page! I would love to see how you’ve transformed your photos.
P.S. Thirsty for more fall photo tips? Check out 13 Ways to Capture the Beauty of Fall on Babble. Can you find my photo?